If you’re after a sweet treat that the kids and adults will love, look no further. These white chocolate blondies tick all the boxes, but be warned – they won’t last long! You can add a handful of frozen raspberries or blueberries to the mix or any nuts if allergies aren’t an issue. I am a chocolate lover and usually prefer dark chocolate recipes, but in some cases, blondes really do have more fun!
- 150g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 100g butter, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup white choc chips (or substitute with nuts)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Brush a 16 x 26cm slab pan with melted butter. Line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water) Use a metal spoon to stir until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Keep a close eye on the chocolate as white chocolate is temperamental! Set aside to cool.
3. Whisk the eggs and vanilla essence in a jug to combine. Stir the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture until well combined.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, white choc chips (or nuts) and sugar in a large bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake for approx. 40 minutes. Set aside in the pan to cool. Dust with icing sugar and then devour!
6. Ready to eat!
Trust me, these blonde babies are DELICIOUS. Enjoy! 🙂