I was SO excited when TK Maxx arrived in Australia in April this year, but the first Melbourne stores to open weren’t close by. Until now. TK Maxx opened its 7th store in Melbourne on October 26th in Heidelberg, which is close to where I live (find your nearest store here) A friend of mine from the UK has been banging on about TK Maxx for ages, so I was keen to see it for myself. Last week I went to the new store to check out the fuss. Child-FREE!
There are things I like doing with my kids, but shopping is not one of them. Plus, I wanted to stock up on some birthday and Christmas presents for the girls, so I took a leave pass from family duties and went SOLO! The drive alone was lovely and peaceful. Funny how something simple like driving alone qualifies as “me time” once you have kids!
The new TK Maxx store is located in the Warringal Shopping Centre. It is a no-frills set up, which appeals to me as it means consumers are not paying premiums for visual merchandisers to style everything to perfection. And in turn this means the savings is passed onto the customer. Tick!
I spent a couple of hours exploring the gems that TK Maxx has to offer. I went on a Saturday, two days after the official opening.
Now, let me tell you what you’re going to love about TK Maxx:
TK Maxx ticks all the boxes:
I was so impressed by the extensive range on offer at TK Maxx. It has everything from women’s, men’s and kids fashion, to footwear, accessories, lingerie, beauty, luggage, and a vast collection of homewares. Every section is clearly marked and is easy to navigate. I started off in the baby section and kids’ fashion (for some reason I always seem to think of myself last, which is a habit of most mums I think) before moving onto the homewares and then women’s fashion and accessories. From what I observed most of the product offering is current season styles. And there is a heap of choice.
TK Maxx offers big brands at small prices. A friend of mine had told me it offered great value so I went with high expectations and a small budget. TK Maxx delivered on its reputation and more! Check out the items I picked up:
- 2 x summer tops for the girls (lots of sequins and bright colours)
- A dress for baby (for her first birthday, which is in a couple of weeks!)
- A summer playsuit for Miss 5
- A long sleeve rashie (perfect for our trip to Port Douglas soon)
- A cute wooden toy (shape sorter) for bubba’s first birthday
- A few presents for the many birthday parties my girls are going to between now and Christmas (which adds up, so I was pleased to grab a few bargains)
- A rose gold candle (because, well, I just love rose gold)
- A pair of sandals for yours truly, because it can’t all be about the kids!
- A couple of cute ice-cream ice trays to celebrate Summer
- Stripey baby bloomers because, well, I just love a baby in bloomers!
All of the items combined cost $208! How’s that for value for money?
My “Fave Finds” at TK Maxx
This gorgeous dusty pink tulle dress for Miss I, which was only $25. Seriously, as soon as I saw it I fell in love. I can’t wait to see her in it. I’ve seen similar tutu dresses, selling for a lot more, so I was thrilled with this purchase!
These taupe sandals are made in Italy with upper leather lining. At $50 they are a fraction of the price of similar shoes I have seen in other stores.
Words of Advice
- The new TK Maxx store won’t disappoint so get your skates on! We need to do Christmas on a budget this year, so I’ll be heading back to TK Maxx.
- All TK Maxx stores get several deliveries throughout the week, so there’s always new treasure to find.
- If you love it, grab it! What you see is what they have. There is no replenishment stock out back; everything comes straight from the delivery truck to the shop floor.
- No two TK Maxx stores are the same because the brand and product selection varies from store to store, so make sure you check out TK Maxx Heidelberg even if you have shopped at a TK Maxx before.
NASD partnered with TK Maxx to bring you this review. All opinions are my own.
TK Maxx website: www.tkmaxx.com.au