Who doesn’t love Rocky Road?! It’s a classic and impossible to stop at one piece. Everyone has their own version of Rocky Road and this is mine. The green M&Ms and raspberries give it festive colours and the addition of crunchie gives it…well…crunch! I made a massive batch of this to give away as gifts for friends and kinder/childcare staff. It is a winner!
The recipe below is for a kid-friendly version and so I’ve omitted nuts.
- 1 packet mini white & pink marshmallows
- 3/4 packet/150g mint M&Ms
- 1 packet/180g raspberries (cut in half)
- 100g crunchie, coarsely chopped
- 600g milk chocolate
- Line a large rectangular baking dish with greaseproof paper (choose a tin or dish that is deep). For this recipe I used a 30cm x 20 cm baking dish (approx 4cm deep)
- Cut raspberries in half
- Coarsley chop crunchie
- Roughly chop chocolate
- Melt chocolate gently in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Alternatively you can melt chocolate in microwave (being very careful to stop every 30 seconds and stir) I am mad about chocolate, and never tire of watching it melt into a smooth, velvety liquid. And licking the spoon afterwards, naturally!
- Once chocolate is melted, remove from heat and add raspberries, marshmallows, crunchie and mint m&ms.
- Stir ingredients together and pour into prepared dish
- Place dish in fridge and allow at least 2-3 hours to set (preferably overnight)
- Remove from fridge and allow to thaw slightly for 15 mins before cutting with sharp knife into decent size chunks.