It is time for me to tell you about my all-time favourite mum product. Introducing the Spectra S2 Double Electric Breast Pump. It is unquestionably the best breast pump I have ever used (and I’ve used quite a few)!
I have written on the blog about my breastfeeding journey. It has never come easily to me and so when I knew I was expecting bubba number four, I wanted to be fully prepared. I discussed my breastfeeding goals with my midwife and she suggested I get myself an efficient, hospital-grade breast pump. She highly recommended the Spectra and so I ordered the S2 Double Electric Breast Pump long before bubba was born. Best. Decision. Ever.
How the Spectra S2 Breast pump helped me breastfeed
If you’ve been following my blog for a while you will know I suffered multiple miscarriages before getting pregnant with my rainbow baby. This made my motivation to breastfeed even stronger. And so my mission was to establish a good supply from the get-go. I struggled with a low supply with my third baby, due to a severe post partum haemorrhage. We battled along but at eight months she decided she preferred the bottle and our breastfeeding journey ended.
During this pregnancy I set a goal to breastfeed my baby for a year. Little did I know that we would endure, cracked nipples, reflux, undiagnosed tongue-ties, and suspected dairy intolerance. Supply, however, was not an issue and I have my Spectra to thank for helping me establish a good supply from day one.
Bubba is now ten months old and I can categorically say that without the S2 Double Electric Breast Pump we would not have made it this far. I have every confidence we will continue breastfeeding to one year and beyond. Now, let me tell you about what makes the S2 Double Electric Breast Pump so darn good.
Spectra S2 Double Electric Breast Pump Review
The S2 Double Electric Breast Pump is a sophisticated, hospital grade breast pump with highly adjustable settings. The S2 is quiet, portable, and stylish with extras like nightlight and timer, at a fraction of the price you’d expect. Here are my favourite functions and features:
- Powerful, adjustable suction
- Super quiet and gentle
- Closed system – hygienic for you and baby
- Night light & timer
- Everything you need for double pumping
- Letdown mode and fully adjustable program to best suit your body
- Slow flow teat suitable for newborn feeding
Pros of the Spectra S2 Double Electric Breast Pump
- Price, Price, Price! It is such great value for money
- Powerful pump motor, but very comfortable
- Quiet and lightweight
- It has a built-in timer
- It is EASY to use. New motherhood is hard enough, so it’s the feature I appreciate the most.
- BPA Free
- It has a letdown mode and an expression mode – settings that mimic the change in a baby’s sucking pattern during a nursing session.
- Spectra offers great customer service
- Access to Spectra Mums Facebook Group – invaluable for asking questions and getting advice.
- The S2 model needs to be plugged in. There are certain times I’d like to pump without electricity near-by. But that is literally the only downside to this pump.
The S2 Double Electric Breast Pump has been a breastfeeding lifesaver! This breast pump has allowed me to continue to breastfeed my daughter with ease and comfort. When we experienced breast refusal, I pumped several times a day with my Spectra and fed her via the bottle. Pumping also allowed my husband to be more involved. In the early days I pumped so that hubby could give bubba a bottle of EBM at night, thereby allowing me to get more sleep. Remember, a good sleep helps produce more milk. You can read more about sanity savers for new mums here.
I have used my S2 Double Electric Breast Pump every day for the past 10 months. It has helped me boost my supply and, furthermore, it has helped me maintain my supply. I have now officially breastfed this time for longer than my other three babies and I put this down to this superior Breast Pump.
The S2 Double Electric Breast Pump will suit:
- Mums who want to breastfeed
- Any mums who are struggling with supply issues
- Mums returning to work
- Mums who want the flexibility to express milk
- Mums who want to breastfeed for as long as possible
The Spectra S2 Double Electric Breast Pump will be the best investment you will ever make. You can purchase yours here. You’re welcome 🙂
Have you used a Spectra pump? What did you think? If you have any questions about this review please ask in the comments section below.
*This post contains affiliate links. You don’t pay any extra and I earn a small commission.