Sunburst Coconut Cake: a beautiful moist cake infused with coconut.
If you’re after a quick, simple, delicious cake that the kids are guaranteed to love, look no further. I have the perfect recipe for you, courtesy of Sunburst. This scrumptious coconut cake ticks all the boxes: – It’s moist, yummy and doesn’t need an icing so in my books that makes it healthy 🙂 – The recipe has only a few ingredients, making it affordable and simple to follow. – Degree of difficulty is ‘EASY’. That’s a win! – The kids can easily help in the kitchen. – The sunburst spread is palm oil free so that’s good news for the orang-utans. – 5 cents of every purchase goes to Orangutan Foundation International Australia.
Sunburst is a healthy, tasty and versatile alternative to butter and other spreads on the market.
Sunday is usually baking day at our house and recently we tried this delicious cake. It did not last long. It’s seriously good. Perfect for the kids’ lunchboxes or with a morning cuppa. Try it. You’ll thank me 🙂
1 cup castor sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
2 ½ cups self-raising flour
2/3 cup milk
Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C Fan Forced) and grease and line a 20-22cm cake springform cake tin.
- Place the Sunburst, sugar and vanilla extract into an electric mixer and mix on a medium speed until well combined.
- Add the eggs and mix on a slow speed until combined. Then add the flour, desiccated coconut and the milk and mix on slow again to bring it all together. Scrape down the bowl and give a final mix on a medium speed for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and place in oven to bake for approximately 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Once baked remove from the oven and allow to stand in tin for 10 minutes before turning out on to a rack to cool. Dust with Icing sugar and garnish with fruit of choice. We couldn’t resist adding a few white chocolate buttons to the top of the cake. I usually give my girls creative control of the decorations.
As a mother and a consumer, I like to serve nutritious food to my family, and purchase ethically. A few years ago I made the conscious decision not to buy any products that contain palm oil. Sunburst contains coconut oil, an immune boosting saturated fruit (not nut) oil. It is nut-free, egg-free, soy-free, and artificial additive free. Lots of ticks! Oh, and did I mention it has 50% less salt and 70% less saturated fat than butter?
Try this cake. Try this spread. You’re welcome. 🙂
* This post was brought to you by Sunburst. All views expressed are my own.