My latest Try Something new Tuesday recipe is this delicious dish – Hokkien Noodles with prawns, tofu, coriander and lime. For my kids friendly version I leave out the chilli and coriander. They’re not fans of heat or green herbs, but I am working on them!
You can whip this up in under 20 mins.
- Noodles (your preferred choice)
- I red capsicum
- 1 egg (lightly beaten) *optional
- I carrot
- I bunch Broccoli
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- Fried Tofu
- Half bunch coriander
- I lime
- 1 chili (and extra chilli paste for sauce)
- Soy sauce
- Fish sauce
- Chop all your veggies and herbs.
- Heat a non stick pan and fry off prawns. Remember, prawns only take a minute or so on either side so be careful not to overcook. And fresh, local seafood is always best. Set prawns aside.
- Cook noodles to packet instructions. I add my broccoli to boiling water with the noodles and then drain.
- Sautee garlic, carrot and capsicum in wok or large saucepan over medium heat. You want the veggies pretty crunchy so don’t overcook. Add a splash of soy sauce to the pan and add tofu. Cook for further 3-4 mins.
- Return prawns to the wok and add noodles. At this stage you can add fish sauce and sauce sauce and fresh chilli (or chilli paste) and toss to combine.
- Once everything is sizzling, serve into bowls and add fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
This always results in clean bowls and sometimes my kids even ask for seconds. WINNING!
I also like it because it gives everyone a hit of protein and even though tofu is not everyone’s preferred ingredient (I’m looking at you, Mr NASD) when it’s combined with all these yummy ingredients it is a lot nicer than on its own.
Give this recipe a go and for other “Try Something New Tuesday” recipes, search “TSNT” in the search box on my site or the hashtag #TSNT on Insta.