I love a good slice, brownie or cookie. I love lemon as much as I like chocolate, which is to say A LOT! You may have made my decadent chocolate brownies, or my version or white chocolate blondies, or these sweet blueberry- licious muffins. If not, you really ought to! Recently I made these lemon brownies and they disappeared before my eyes. I’m not going to sugar coat it (there’s plenty of that in the recipe), they probably aren’t the healthiest treat but they are DELICIOUS. And everything in moderation, I say. These babies are not quite a blondie, and more fudgey than a lemon slice. They are more brownie than anything else and they are seriously good. I adapted this recipe from Taste, which basically meant reducing the rather large quantity of sugar 🙂 Bake these babies. You’ll thank me for it!
- 4 eggs
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a 20 x 30cm (base measurement) slab pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and stir until mixture is thick and glossy.
- Sift the flour over the egg mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in coconut, lemon rind and lemon juice. Spread over base of prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan to cool completely.
- Cut into pieces. Dust with icing sugar. Devour!