I usually like to dabble in some Christmas baking and give my girls’ teachers something baked with love (and gratitude!). Last year I made these white chocolate and cranberry cookies and they were yum. The year before I made Christmas Rocky Road, which was also a hit. I decided to make Rocky Road again this year but this time I used a special ingredient, Clinkers. My festive Rocky Road is inspired by Lucy’s delicious recipe from Bake Play Smile. I had to go to a couple of shops to hunt down the clinkers but I was rapt to find some in festive pink and green. I basically used Lucy’s recipe but I wanted to add some extra crunch so I chopped up a crunchie bar as well. In my mind honeycomb is what really makes a good rocky road. I also increased the amount of chocolate accordingly. And the best thing about this recipe aside from the taste? It’s quick and easy to make. And at this time of year if it’s not quick and easy then I am not interested.
Here is my adapted recipe:
- 600g milk chocolate, melted
- 250g Clinkers – cut in half
- 100g pink and white marshmallows – cut in half
- 200g raspberry lollies
- 1 crunchie bar, chopped
- Line the base and sides of a rectangular slice tray with baking paper.
- Chop the Clinkers and marshmallows in half and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in heatproof, microwave-safe bowl, or in a bowl of gently simmering water on stove.
- Stir chocolate until smooth.
- Mix through the Clinkers, marshmallows, chopped crunchie and raspberry lollies.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking tray and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until completely set.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into slices.
- Package up in cellophane bags or individual boxes and tie with festive ribbon. Or don’t. You may not want to give it away! 🙂