Looking for an easy chocolate recipe that looks like you’ve gone to more effort than you really have? I’ve got you covered. These delicious no-bake chocolate tarts are so simple to make and they look a little bit fancy.
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped, plus extra melted chocolate to drizzle and shaved chocolate to garnish (optional)
- I packet (dozen) individual tart shells
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure icing sugar, sifted
- 200ml thickened cream, plus extra to serve
- Cocoa powder and halved strawberries, to garnish
Melt the milk and dark chocolate together in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Remove from heat, stir until smooth, then allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and fold in the icing sugar.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form, then fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour into the tart pans and chill for at least 2 hours until the chocolate filling is set.
- To serve, top tarts with extra whipped cream and sprinkle with shaved chocolate and cocoa powder. Serve with strawberries or raspberries
Remove from fridge about 30 mins prior to serving to allow the chocolate time to soften. If you want to go to more effort than required, you can bake your own tart shells and you’ll find that recipe here.
Who else loves chocolate as much as I do? The lovely team at Fair Trade Australia would like to give one lucky reader a delicious Fairy Trade hamper, including a selection of Fairtrade teas, coffee and chocolate.
To enter this fabulous giveaway simply tell me something that you love about chocolate – whether it be the self-saucing variety, or milk over dark, tell me how you like your chocolate best. Winner will be chosen randomly and will be announced on Not another Slippery Dip’s Facebook page. Good luck!
*Competition is open open to Australian residents and closes midnight Thursday 22 May. Winner will be announced on Friday 23 May and will be sent the Fair Trade goodies.