What’s the hardest part of your day? Is it the morning rush, the after school activities, or the bath, books, bed routine at night? None of these things are easy, but I am going to guess that getting a meal on the table at night rates pretty highly. Without a doubt it is the most difficult part of my day.
And it’s not just the cooking part that’s tedious. Seriously, why must they be fed every single night? I find myself thinking about what to cook and deciding on a meal terribly monotonous and challenging. And then there’s the actual preparation of said dish that coincides with arsenic hour in our house. Gosh, even thinking about it gives me heart palpitations.
I know I am not alone. I talk (read: whine) about mealtime mayhem on my social pages frequently. And lots of you chime in. Comfort can be found in collective misery. Cooking for kids is hard work. There are so many factors that make it so: finding a dish that everyone will eat while ensuring it’s nutritious is a challenge. And finding the time to get it cooked and served requires a herculean effort at times.
But recently I’ve discovered something that goes a long way to make this tedious task just a little more bearable. Enter the Crock – Pot! Launched in May 2018 as the solution to the ‘mid-week meal dilemma’, Crock-Pot has released the Crock- Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker.
Easing mealtime stress with my Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi Cooker
The Crock- Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker is a multi-tasking genius and a one-pot meal solution. It allows me to pressure cook, fry, steam, and more without having to switch appliances. Plus, it has a generous 5.5L capacity, which is important when you’re cooking for six every night.
Let me tell you about my favourite features:
- Crock-Pot’s ‘Express Crock Multi-Cooker’ is a 12 in 1 multi-cooker that can Pressure Cook, Slow Cook, Steam, Sauté and more, using the one convenience appliance.
- It is fast and efficient, two things I need desperately. It has the ability to cook meals up to 70 per cent faster, which is a huge victory in my house!
- It has a dishwasher-safe bowl for easier cleaning. Again, huge time-saver. Less time cleaning so I can get back to my latest Netflix obsession (incidentally: Grey Zone on SBS Demand is brilliant!)
- Thanks to its auto keep warm mode, the Crock-Pot Express makes sure your meals are hot and ready to serve when you want to.
- It comes with a recipe book for meal inspo! Which is great for me as I am too tired to come up with my own.
I don’t do a lot of entertaining (hello, difficult baby!) but this clever gadget would help to whip up a meal that would enable less time in the kitchen and more time chatting to my friends. And less time stirring, allowing my hands to be free to sip on a G&T. Winning!
Over the past few weeks I have made several recipes including Beef Stroganoff, which was a winner with everyone in the family except for me (vegetarian, here), Mushroom Risotto and the most DE-licious steamed salmon dosh with Singapore noodles and veggies. The kids have declared that “Best on Ground.”
For more information on this miracle worker, head to www.crockpot.com.au
How do you find mealtimes at your place? Do you love or loathe cooking? Share your hacks and shortcuts, please.
Disclosure: This post was brought to you in partnership with Crock-Pot. All opinions are my own.