Happy birthday, Miss J. Today is your day!
It’s hard to believe it’s been seven years since I met you, Curly tops. The labour was dramatic; a forewarning of your personality, perhaps. At age seven you do have a penchant for drama.
When you were placed in my arms on the 13th of September, 2009, you took my breath away. Admittedly, I had just fainted, but your beauty was arresting. You were exquisite. Rosebud lips, snow-white skin and soft, fine features. The midwives said you looked like a doll. And as I held you to my trembling chest, I couldn’t believe my fortune. Another healthy baby; and a sister for Miss A.
It is true that I saw stars during your birth. Low blood pressure and crowning pressure will do that to you. It was, so I am told, the first time the birthing staff had ever seen a woman faint during the pushing stage of labour. I still see stars wherever you go.
Miss J, your eyes sparkle from dawn to dusk. They are big, wide, alive blue eyes and they dart and dance all day long. The stars in your eyes brighten up my world and everyone around you. And they match your sparkly personality. I love your eyes.
Thank you for the light you bring to our lives. Your golden locks, untamed and wild match your free spirit and lively personality. But it is what inside that really shines. You are a curious, kind, sensitive and thoughtful girl. And your curls are as untamed as your love. Each night you cloak me in a tight swaddle as we say goodnight. It is a highlight of my day. And your love notes make my heart swell.
As a sister, you are tender and fiercely loyal. And as a friend you are fun and empathetic. When you stood up to bullying at school I felt so proud. It was a hard thing for you to do, but you have a strong sense of right and wrong.
Miss J, you are going to love being seven. Being six has been a wonderful year with many changes and transitions. We moved house (again!), welcomed a baby sister into the family, and you moved into Grade One. You approached all these changes with excitement, quiet confidence and commitment.
Happy 7th birthday, my angel. Keep shining bright. Maintain your sense of drama. Embrace all that life has to offer this year. It’s going to be bucket loads of fun being seven!
7 Fast Facts
- You leave me love notes daily and often do a ‘turn down service’ at night by placing my book on my pillow, turning my bedside lamp on and leaving my earplugs in position!
- We call you a tech head. You LOVE technology and say you want to be a games developer one day. You’re pretty good at using technology, so it wouldn’t surprise me.
- You have worked really hard at building your confidence (you once asked me which vegetable you should eat to grow confidence) and you are a lot less anxious now. I am incredibly proud.
- You have had two Grade One teachers this year and you adore them both. It’s obvious the feeling is mutual. Your school report said you were a “delight” to teach and an “exemplary” student. Way to go, Miss J!
- You learned to ride without training wheels this year. A shaky start, but you nailed it!
- Tap, tap, tap! You LOVE tap-dancing. Your feet never stop tapping and, as a fellow tap lover, I am rather pleased.
- You love your sisters more than anything and would do anything for them. You’re as close as crossed fingers and your bond in unshakable.
Bonus Fact………You are an emoji enthusiast!
I love you just a teeny bit more than you love me. Which is A LOT!
Love Mama xx