These blueberry muffins are light and delicious and simple to make. This is hands down the best muffin recipe I have ever tried and guaranteed to please the crowd. Get your kids in the kitchen to help out with this one. It is simple to make and only uses a few ingredients. The key to getting these babies light is all in the rubbing of the butter into the flour. I have adapted this recipe slightly. Miss A declared these Blue-BERRY-licious! Go on, try them. I like these babies big but you can make mini ones too.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 90g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 150g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan, or mini muffin pan
- Sift flour into a bowl. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add almond meal and stir in sugar.
- Make a well in centre of flour mixture. Add blueberries, milk and egg. Gently stir until just combined. Don’t over combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared holes. Bake for approx 25 minutes. Stand in pan for 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve while warm.
*will keep in airtight container for a few days if you have sufficient willpower not to consume in a day….
For a little something extra, drizzle muffins with melted white chocolate (or add white chocolate chips to the batter). Eat them straight from the oven with a cup of tea. Mmmmmmmmmm……