Those of you who have been following me here for a while, or over on Insta, will know I am slightly addicted to stationary. I have a sizeable plastic tub in which I store all sorts of pretty gift wrap, gift cards, ribbons, twine, markers, and a truck load of washi tape. I LOVE washi tape!! What’s not to love about washi? If you’re not a convert yet, you will be soon!
Here are 3 reasons why I love washi:
- It is easy to be creative with washi and for crafty-challenged mums like myself, it makes me feel like I am oh-so-clever.
- It peels off easily from walls, without leaving a mark. Most washi tapes are strong, and functional as well as pretty, making them wonderful for practical as well as decorative use.
- There are SO many things you can do with washi, but it’s slightly addictive. You’ve been warned.
Today I thought i’d share with you some washi tape gift wrapping ideas. It is my ‘not-so-secret’ secret weapon when it comes to creative gift wrapping. I absolutely love wrapping presents and find it a very therapeutic, creative outlet. The ideas below are easy, fun, effective and don’t require any craft skills whatsoever. Using washi tape to decorate a present is one of the quickest and simplest ways to add a sense of fun to your gift-wrapping style. Plus your kids will love getting involved. Oh, and washi tape doesn’t leave mess like glitter and the like, so that’s another HUGE tick!
Here are some easy ways you can turn plain brown wrapping paper into stunning gifts in seconds.
1. Cut out strips of washi tape to form cute patterns on brown or white paper.
2. Use stickers or washi tape dots to transform brown paper.
3. Create a colourful gift wrap bunting
4. Polka dot stickers and gift recipient’s name threaded with beads
5. Watermelon giftwrap with washi!
I’ve loads more gift wrapping ideas so stay tuned for more. In the meantime follow me on Instagram where I post all my gift wrap inspo!
Washi tape is widely available from discount shops, stationary and craft suppliers and plenty of online stores including washilane – your one stop washi tape shop!