Who doesn’t believe in the power of massage? Massage is one of the oldest healing traditions, and the benefits are well established. It improves circulation, reduces muscle tension, reduce anxiety and depression and encourage a feeling of relaxation. What’s more, it feels fabulous and is instantly therapeutic.
I have been having regular remedial massage for years. I carry a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders (casualty of my computer and screen work) and massage provides relief from this tension. I would honestly get a massage weekly if I could afford it. But professional massages are expensive and as such I don’t get them as frequently as I would like. I ask Mr NASD to rub my shoulders at night, but he lacks both interest and strength. Or perhaps he is feigning ineptitude so I stop asking him!!
But now, I can enjoy the benefits of massage in the comfort of my own home. And I can enjoy them as often as I like. Let me introduce you to something that has changed my life!
The Quad Shiatsu Pro Massage chair!
I am in love. It’s official. This massage chair is out of this world.
I was initially a little skeptical about how strong mechanics could be over hands. I like my massages firm, which is why I always have the remedial style. But the pressure is absolutely spot on. It took me about 20 seconds to be convinced. And the moans of pleasure coming from my mouth were joyous to Mr NASD, possibly because it got him off the hook. Let me give you a bit more of a profile:
Benefits and Functions:
- This massage chair doesn’t just deliver one type of massage. It boasts four massage styles in one cushion including Percussion (for a fast invigorating massage), Kneading shiatsu (for a deep muscle massage), Rolling (for a gentle relaxing massage) and Percussion and Kneading shiatsu combined.
- The Soothing heat provides comfort to tight back muscles; while with the zone control select full back, upper back, lower back, or spot for a customised massage.
- It comes with a programmable hand control, and integrated strapping system to fit most chairs.
The kneading with heat function is my FAVE!
Hands down my favourite style is the Kneading Shiatsu. Combined with the heat function, it is instantly therapeutic. At this stage of my pregnancy my lower back is really tight. So I set the control to knead, heat and lower back and let it do all the work. It gets in deep the muscles on either side of my spine. You can even control the width of the kneading and you can program it to focus on just one area with the “spot” function. I’ve been using spot a lot!
I am besotted with this chair. It is helping ease my pregnancy aches and pains immensely and I will continue to use this chair every day for the remainder of my pregnancy. This chair retails at $299, and when you consider that a processional massage costs approximately $100 per session, this chair is such great value.
It ticks all the boxes:
- It’s convenient. In the absence of having a live in masseur (my ultimate fantasy) this chair is the next best thing.
- It is therapeutic and relaxing.
- The chair is light and easy to move, though mine has stayed in the one spot since I got it.
- Doing your child’s reader at night becomes instantly more enjoyable when you’re reading from the HoMedics massage chair.
- Mr NASD is no longer “required” for rubbing my shoulders!
At the end of a long day of kid wrangling, the Homedics massage chair is my tonic. And even when I am not pregnant, I will continue to enjoy the benefits of this fabuous invention. Only then I’ll have it alongside a G&T. Oh happy days ahead 🙂
Check out the full range of massage products at the HoMedics website: www.homedics.com.au. Available now in Myer, Good Guys, Shaver Shop and Betta Electrical.
Disclosure: I was gifted with the Homedics massage chair to trial and review. All opinions expressed are my own.